There’s a saying that alcohol makes everything better and we fully believe this.
I But they did hit and I went to Pinterest looking for something to satisfy the cravings.
As usual, I came across a number of delicious looking desserts but then I saw this peach cobbler recipe. I’ve only made peach cobbler once and the first time it was ridiculously sweet but I decided to try it again – with some much-needed adjustments.
The recipe originally called for 1 cup of butter, which was too much for my healthy lifestyle. So instead of 1 cup, I did 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of Capt’ Morgan. Please, no judgements but it’s why I renamed it to Captain Morgan’s Peach Cobbler.
This recipe is simple, it’s quick and only requires a few ingredients. You can opt out of the alcohol but it’s not recommended.
Recipe: Captain Morgan’s Peach Cobbler
Summary: Nothing like down home southern desserts.
- 1 large (29) ounce can sliced peaches – drained
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pour drained can of peaches into 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour mixture of butter and spiced rum over the peaches.
- Mix sugar, flour, milk and baking powder together to form batter.
- Pour batter over peaches and butter mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until top is golden brown and edges are crispy.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8