Dear Mother Nature: Thanks for the great weather, even if some days you get sad and cry, we totally appreciate it.
This week we’re looking forward to Canada Day, that means we will be sharing our favorite recipes we can’t wait to have.
Guinness Glazed Salmon Burgers with Coconut Caramelized Pineapples
For the burgers
1 pound fresh, raw salmon (skin removed)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh pepper
2 tsp soy sauce
1 avocado mashed
1. Cut the salmon into chunks.
2. Add the salmon to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it’s ground.
3. Now add the salt, pepper and soy sauce to the food processor. Pulse for a second, just to mix it up.
4. Form into four equally sized burgers.
5. Cook over medium-high heat, 3 -4 minutes each side
6. Keep warm in an oven heated to 250 degrees.
For the glaze
12 ounce bottle Guinness Extra Stout beer
1 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup honey
1. Pour all ingredients into a medium saucepan and stir using a whisk.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until reduced to half of original amount.
3. Turn stove off and allow the gaze to cool. As it cools, it will get thicker.
4. When it cools, coat the burgers.
For the pineapples
2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 large pineapple rings
1. In a small skillet heat the coconut oil.
2. When the skillet is hot, place the pineapple rings in the pan.
3. Cook for 2 -3 minutes on each side.
4. Finally, assemble your juicy burger. I recommend placing the mashed avocado on the bottom of the bun, then the burger, followed by the lettuce and finally the pineapple. But whichever you’d like, is fine as well.
*you can also coat the buns with the Guinness glaze, for more flavor.